This page will be used for last-minute program and schedule changes at "Democracy & Independence: Sharing News & Politics in a Connected World," the first Media Giraffe Project summit at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, June 28-July 1, 2006.
General information for MGP2006 summit participants
FOR A SUMMARY OF GENERAL CONFERENCE LOGISTICS TRY:
- WELCOME LETTER AT CHECK-IN
http://www.mediagiraffe.org/program.pdf or http://www.mediagiraffe.org/program.doc
PROGRAM CHANGES BELOW SHOULD BE ADDED ONLY BY SUMMIT ORGANIZERS
- June 23 -- Rob Williams, president of the Action Coalition for Media Education will take the place of James Valastro in the 2 p.m. Friday session: “Creating Digital Video For Classrooms – a Case Study."
- June 22 -- 10 a.m. -- Jeremy Iggers, co-founder of the Twin Cities Media Alliance and the Twin Cities Daily Planet in Minneapolis, Minn., will be part of a session: "Experiment in Collaboration: Can MSM and citizens work together?” with Lew Friedland of the Madison (Wis.) Commons, at 9:30 a.m. on Friday, June 30.
- June 22, 8:37 a.m. -- Jeremy Iggers, of the Twin Cities Daily Planet local news web site, and also a reporter at the Minneapolis Star Tribune, is joining the discussion at 5:15 p.m. on Thursday: "How Can Old Media Be Part of the New News Ecology?" -- Bill Densmore
- June 21 -- Joseph McQuaid, publisher of the New Hampshire Union Leader and president of The Loeb School, which owns the Manchester, N.H., daily; Chris Satullo, editorial-page editor of The Philadelphia Inquirer; and Christopher Mackin, of Ownership Associates, are joining the Thursday evening discussion, "Can Ownership Make a Difference?" -- Bill Densmore
- June 20, 1:06 p.m. -- MoveOn's Roslyn Lemieux is substituting for Adam Green on the 4:15 p.m. session Friday June 30, "Politics: “The Internet As An Advocacy Tool – Case Studies”. -- Bill Densmore
- June 20, 1:25 p.m. -- Christopher Mackin, of Ownership Associates and Joe McQuaid, CEO of The New Hampshire Union Leader, a daily paper owned by a journalism school, confirms he'll join the panel, "Can Ownership Make a Difference," on Thurs., evening, June 29 at the MGP2006 summit -- Bill Densmore
- June 20, 2:20 p.m. -- To improve sight lines to speakers/panel and eliminate any concerns about overcrowding, sessions and meals marked in early program versions for the Amherst Room/10th Floor Campus Center are now being held in the Campus Center Auditorium, on the same level as other meeting rooms. Registration check-in on Wednesday will be located at the Campus Center-Lower Level in front of the escalators. - Bill Densmore