- 1 Rebooting Rockwell's America: News, Art and Community
- 2 START ONLINE REGISTRATION NOW (click here)
- 2.1 Deadlines/Pricing
- 2.2 Pricing / Food
- 2.3 START ONLINE REGISTRATION NOW
- 2.4 OTHER QUICKLINKS
Rebooting Rockwell's America: News, Art and Community
"Rebooting Rockwell's America," is an initiative of the Norman Rockwell Museum, Stockbridge, Massachusetts, located the heart of the Berkshires, one of America's premiere cultural destinations. Four co-conveners are at the forefront of studying America's new news and community ecologies. They are the Donald W. Reynolds Journalism Institute at the Missouri School of Journalism, the Media Giraffe Project at the University of Massachusetts and the Journalism that Matters collaborative and the Center for Sustainable Journalism at Kennesaw State University.
Registration for Rebooting Rockwell’s America is open, with discount rates for early birds and other ways to save!
- Early-Bird: Wednesday, August 1, 2009 -- $195.00
- General: Monday, September 7, 2009 -- $255.00
Pricing / Food
The Rebooting Rockwell’s America summit spans three days -- Friday, Sept. 11 – Sunday, Sept. 13, 2009 (General sessions start at 5 p.m. on Friday and end at 11:00 a.m. on Sunday, although some specific task groups may convene earlier on Friday and remain through Sunday afternoon).
Registration includes dinner on Friday evening, a box lunch and snacks on Saturday, and continental breakfast on Saturday and Sunday. We'll arrange at least four "birds of a feather" gatherings at nearby restaurants in The Berkshires for dinner-on-your-own on Saturday night. By leaving Saturday night unstructured participants are able to join the working team (or social group) of most interest -- or just enjoy an early fall in the Berkshires -- which has been called "America's premiere cultural resort."
Early-bird online registration -- until Aug. 1
- If you register online before Aug. 1, the cost is $195.00 -- $165 for students. Norman Rockwell Museum members may also register for $165. To become a member, visit the Museum website, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (413) 298-4100, ext. 234.
If you are unable to register online, you may remit by check to:
Norman Rockwell Museum
Attention: Special Events
P.O. Box 118
9 Glendale Road
Stockbridge, MA 01262
- Group registration discounts are available. A "group" is defined as five or more individuals from one or more organizations. There must be one form completed per registrant. Online registration is not available for Group Registrations. Group Registrations must be coordinated by a single individual and all forms of payment submitted at the same time. Exchanging registrations or adding to Groups once the registration has been processed is not permitted. Group Registrations must be received by Monday, September 7, 2009. The cost per person is equivalent to the member Early-Bird rate of $165.
Stipend-request registration option
- The museum, Journalism That Matters and other sponsors and co-convenors seek diverse participation and underrepresented voices at "Rockwell Reboot: News, Art and Community." If you would like to attend, but feel you need financial assistance to do so, please register now provisionally, checking the option "Requesting Stipend." In addition, please email email@example.com with a summary of how you'll help advance diversity and action. The earliest stipend requests are more likely to be granted. We'll be in touch by Aug. 15 to discuss the options, which may include the offer of a partial or full registration fee waiver. You should be planning your own travel. Some assistance on lodging may also be possible.
Regular and onsight registration
- We will continue to accept registrations online after Aug. 15 through Tuesday, Sept. 8, at a higher price, until we have reached our facilities capacity of approximately 175 people. Onsight registation will also be available at the Norman Rockwell Museum on Friday, Sept. 11.
Day pass registration -- Saturday
- For participants arriving regionally, or unable to join us for the full three-day program, there will be a limited number of day-pass registrations available for Saturday, Sept. 12, at the Monument Mountain Middle School. If you would like to be considered for a day pass, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll add your name to a waiting list. Include your name, email and phone and a brief description of yourself and your interest.