- 1 What are the new roles for journalism -- and journalists?
- 1.1 A CONVENING AT THE POYNTER INSTITUTE:Journalism That Matters -- Adapting Journalism to the New News Ecology
- 2 THINGS YOU CAN DO FROM THIS PAGE
- 3 MORE THINGS YOU CAN DO FROM THIS PAGE
What are the new roles for journalism -- and journalists?
A CONVENING AT THE POYNTER INSTITUTE:
Journalism That Matters -- Adapting Journalism to the New News Ecology
This is the "wiki" home page for "Adapting Journalism to the New News Ecology," a March 1-4, 2009 convening at The Poynter Institute, St. Petersburg, Fla., organized by the Journalism That Matters collaborative. You can toggle between this page and the Poynter '09 page resources
QUICKLINKS: PROGRAM/SCHEDULE . . . HOMEPAGE . . . WHO'S PARTICIPATING . . . LAST-MINUTE EMAIL . . . BURNING QUESTIONS . . . INTERVIEWS . . . BREAKOUTS . . . NEW SPHERES . . . DINNER GROUPS . . . BLOGS/TWEETS/TAGS/OUTREACH . . . ORIGINAL EVENT INVITATION . . . MAPPING HANDOUT (pdf)
THINGS YOU CAN DO FROM THIS PAGE
- Peggy Holman has blogged about the New News Ecology mapping project undertaken by Journalism That Matters.
Here is a flickr.com slideshow of a few shots of what we did on Monday by Barbara Iverson biverson [at] gmail.com
- Notes from the session on conserving-embracing news ecologies
- PHOTOS OF PARTICIPANTS AT WORK, SUNDAY NIGHT AND MONDAY MORNING . . . as a SLIDE SHOW.
- A breakout group at the Journalism-That Matters/Poynter Institute for Media Studies convening brainstorms a national news collaborative during a one-hour session. Click on the black carat on the left of the bar below to launch an audio stream, or download an MP3 audio for offline listening. CLICK HERE TO GO TO AUDIO.
Post-session blog reports
- THOROUGH ROUNDUP: "'Journalism That Matters' Is Entrepreneurial" -- Ellyn Angelotti
- Journalism That Matters conference: "the new digital newsroom" -- EditorsWeblog
- Patricio Espinoza's links to JTM-Poynter resources
- Journalists: It's time to be the phoenix - Jackie Hai
Video: From JTM participants
- VIDEO: Patricio Espinoza asks: Can you survive?" (2.41 mins.)
- VIDEO: Jeff Vander Clute's JTM-Poynter ditty
More video from Jackie Hai
- VIDEO: Advice for journalism students -- (short clips)
- VIDEO: What is the role of journalists in the new news ecology? -- (short clips)
- VIDEO How do new tools enhance journalism? -- (short clips)
MORE THINGS YOU CAN DO FROM THIS PAGE
- CALL a conference breakout session or SEE which breakouts have been called
- POST your pre-conference interview notes or READ those notes posted by fellow NewsEcology participants
- WRITE a blog entry on the Journalism That Matters site or READ existing blog posts
- FOLLOW the JTM "official" Twitter stream (for news/announcements/directions/links)
- FOLLOW all tweets about "jtmpoynter"
- ADD LINKS for us all to view
- WATCH the video stream live; also here. http://www.espiblog.org/
- For more details: POYNTER ANNOUNCEMENT OF THIS EVENT
- WHERE WE'RE MEETING: The Poynter Institute for Media Studies (slide show)