How will technology innovation support journalism and participatory democracy?
REGISTER NOW *****WHO'S PARTICIPATING? ***** EVENT BLOG ****PROGRAM **** BREAKOUT TOPICS **** APPLICATION **** GOALS **** INITIAL PLANNING **** DC SESSIONS **** LODGING ****ABOUT US **** NEWSTOOLS NING COLLABORATION **** NEWS LINKS **** THE WISH LISTS**** TEN DISRUPTIVE TECHNOLOGIES?**** EVENT SPONSORS**** RESTAURANTS**** TRANSPORTATION***
Reshaping innovations: 1-Trust and quality measurement
How rumor triumphs over truth?
John Boyer writes: "I hope you had a chance to read Farhad Manjoo's terrific piece in yesterday's NYT Magazine, "Rumor's Reasons". This is one of the most vexed issues of our times, all foretold by Neil Postman. My solution for dealing with this is combining a well-funded National News Council with a primo website to be developed with technorati involvement. Manjoo writes for Salon.com, lives in San Francisco, and graduated from Cornell in 2000 where he was editor of the school newspaper."
- Trust and quality measurement
- Social, civic, news and gaming networks
- Data mashups and portability
- Aggregation, linking, tagging, filtering
- Personalization, localization, geocoding, geotracking
- Syndication, distribution and feeds
- Open mobile, phone, PDA and tablet technology
- Identity, authentication, audience measurement, tracking
- Print on demand / distributed printing / video-on-demand
- Social investing / the new "profits" / collaboration/cooperation
BACK TO TOP TEN INNOVATIONS PAGE