WHO'S COMING . . . PROGRAM/AGENDA . . . BEST-PRACTICE TOPICS . . . DISCUSSION HOSTS . . . REGISTER NOW . . . LODGING/TRAVEL . . . STIPENDS . . . HOME PAGE. . . SPONSORS . . . VIEW MAP . . . COLLABORATION SITE
Lodging, transportation, other logistics
If you've already registeredfor New Pamphleteers/New Reporters, here are the lodging options we suggest:
Hotel options from $72/night
- DAYS INN -- We have established a block of rooms at a special rate of $72/room per night plus tax at the Days Inn Minneapolis/University of Minnesota, 2407 University Ave. SE, Minneapolis MN 55414. (VIEW MAP) In order to receive the special rate, you must make you reservation by phone. Call the hotel at: 612-623-9303 (if busy, leave a message with your return phone number), and request the "Journalism That Matters" block. The rooms include complimentary wireless Internet, free continental breakfast, free parking and a free shuttle to the McNamara Alumni Center, where we're meeting. For after-hour registration, call the hotel front desk at 612-623-3999 and ask for the "Journalism That Matters" block. Or email Amy Webb at DaysInnUSales@qwest.net.
- DORMITORY/SHARED BATH OPTION -- The Minnesota Journalism Center has reserved dormitory lodging for budget-conscious participants at the rate of $46 per room single occupancy; $68 per room double occupancy. To reserve dormitory lodging, please link to the UNIV. OF MINN. GUEST HOUSING PAGE. Note that payment is by check or cash on checkin, but the 'full price will be billed to you if you are a no-show and haven't canceled at least five days prior. IMPORTANT: When completing the online form, please put in the University of Minnesota Contact Information fields the following:
Dormitory option -- $46 single
Contact Name * -- Jen Keavy
Contact Phone Number * -- 612.625.8095
Contact Email * email@example.com
You will receive an email confirmation. Please forward the email confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org. This will help us maintain a list of dormitory occupants for event planning purposes.
The Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (code: MSP) is served by all major U.S. airlines except Southwest Airlines, and is dominated by Northwest Airlines. Book early -- Favorable fares may be obtained by flying on Southwest to/from Chicago Midway (MDW) and connecting conveniently with AirTran to Minneapolis. Midwest Airlines connects to Minneapolis through its Milwaukee hub. Other carriers include Champion Air, Sun Country Airlines and Northwest's partners Mesaba Airlines and Pinnacle Airlines.
Also see: GROUND TRANSPORTATION / AIRPORT TERMINAL MAP / AIRPORT MAP / DIRECTIONS TO UM CAMPUS / GOOGLE MAP AIRPORT TO CAMPUS / PARKING ADJACENT TO MCNAMARA CENTER /
Light rail/bus from airport
- Minneapolis has an efficient light rail system from the airport downtown. Take the Hiawatha Line to the Nicollette Mall station at 6th Street and then a bus to the Days Inn or the Univ. of Minneapolis McNamara Alumni Center. Use the TRANSIT TRIP PLANNER (put in 2407 SE Washington Ave. 55455 as your destination).
- Registration covers Wed. dinner; Thurs. continental breakfast, lunch and dinner / plus Friday continental breakfast.
- The McNamara Alumni Center provides wireless internet access throughout the building and meeting rooms. You will be provided a logon password upon arrival at no extra charge.
- Event Name: New Pamphleteers/New Reporters: Convening entrepreneurs who combine journalism, democracy, place and blogs
- Short Name: JTM-Minnesota: New Pamphleteers/New Reporters
- Location: Minnesota Journalism Center / Univ. of Minnesota / McNamara Alumni Center
- Address: 200 Oak St., S.E.
City, State, Zip: Minneapolis, MN, 55455