Lodging, transportation, logistics
If you've already registeredfor New Pamphleteers/New Reporters, here are the lodging options we suggest:
Hotel options from $72/night
- DAYS INN -- We have established a block of rooms at a special rate of $72/room per night plus tax at the Days Inn Minneapolis/University of Minnesota, 2407 University Ave. SE, Minneapolis MN 55414. (VIEW MAP) In order to receive the special rate, you must make you reservation by phone. Call the hotel at: 612-623-9303 (if busy, leave a message with your return phone number), and request the "Journalism That Matters" block. The rooms include complimentary wireless Internet, free continental breakfast, free parking and a free shuttle to the McNamara Alumni Center, where we're meeting. For after-hour registration, call the hotel front desk at 612-623-3999 and ask for the "Journalism That Matters" block. Or email Amy Webb at DaysInnUSales@qwest.net.
Dormitory option -- $46 single
- DORMITORY/SHARED BATH OPTION -- The Minnesota Journalism Center will reserve dormitory lodging for budget-conscious participants at the rate of $46 per room single occupancy; $68 per room double occupancy. Details are available upon registration.
- Registration covers Wed. dinner; Thurs. continental breakfast, lunch and dinner / plus Friday continental breakfast.
- The McNamara Alumni Center provides wireless internet access throughout the building and meeting rooms. You will be provided a logon password upon arrival at no extra charge.
The Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (code: MSP) is served by all major U.S. airlines except Southwest Airlines, and is dominated by Northwest Airlines. Book early -- Favorable fares may be obtained by flying on Southwest to/from Chicago Midway (MDW) and connecting conveniently with AirTran to Minneapolis. Midwest Airlines connects to Minneapolis through its Milwaukee hub. Other carriers include Champion Air, Sun Country Airlines and Northwest's partners Mesaba Airlines and Pinnacle Airlines.
Light rail/bus from airport
Minneapolis has an efficient light rail system from the airport downtown. Take the Hiawatha Line to the Nicollette Mall station at 6th Street and then a bus to Days Inn of the Univ. of Minneapolis McNamara Alumni Center. Use the TRANSIT TRIP PLANNER (put in 2407 SE Washington Ave. 55455 as your destination).
- Event Name: New Pamphleteers/New Reporters: Convening entrepreneurs who combine journalism, democracy, place and blogs
- Short Name: JTM-Minnesota: New Pamphleteers/New Reporters
- Location: Minnesota Journalism Center / Univ. of Minnesota / McNamara Alumni Center
- Address: 200 Oak St., S.E.
City, State, Zip: Minneapolis, MN, 55455