From Media Giraffe
Lodging, transportation, logistics
If you've already registeredfor New Pamphleteers/New Reporters, here are the lodging options we suggest:
Hotel options from $72/night
- DAYS INN -- We have established a block of rooms at a special rate of $72/room per night plus tax at the Days Inn Minneapolis/University of Minnesota, 2407 University Ave. SE, Minneapolis MN 55414. (VIEW MAP) In order to receive the special rate, you must make you reservation by phone. Call the hotel at: 612-623-9303 (if busy, leave a message with your return phone number), and request the "Journalism That Matters" block. The rooms include complimentary wireless Internet, free continental breakfast, free parking and a free shuttle to the McNamara Alumni Center, where we're meeting. For after-hour registration, call the hotel front desk at 612-623-3999 and ask for the "Journalism That Matters" block. Or email Amy Webb at DaysInnUSales@qwest.net.
- DORMITORY/SHARED BATH OPTION -- The Minnesota Journalism Center will reserve dormitory lodging for budget-conscious participants at the rate of $46 per room single occupancy; $68/room double occupancy. Details are available upon registration.
- Registration covers Wed. dinner; Thurs. continental breakfast, lunch and dinner / plus Friday continental breakfast.
- The McNamara Alumni Center provides wireless internet access throughout the building and meeting rooms. You will be provided a logon password upon arrival at no extra charge.
- Event Name: New Pamphleteers/New Reporters: Convening entrepreneurs who combine journalism, democracy, place and blogs
- Short Name: JTM-Minnesota: New Pamphleteers/New Reporters
- Location: Minnesota Journalism Center / Univ. of Minnesota / McNamara Alumni Center
- Address: 200 Oak St., S.E.
City, State, Zip: Minneapolis, MN, 55455