- 1 Greylock Citizen/Media Collaborative / 2014
- 2 WEATHER STATEMENT: This event is being held tonight as schedule at 6:30 p.m. at the WILLIAMS INN.
- 3 Go back to the MAIN PAGE.
Greylock Citizen/Media Collaborative / 2014
Are you disturbed that our North Berkshire region has abruptly lost its two print news media in mid-January, The Transcript and The Advocate? If so, please come to a public forum to discuss what our Berkshire community might do about it.
WEATHER STATEMENT: This event is being held tonight as schedule at 6:30 p.m. at the WILLIAMS INN.
JOIN US FOR A FREE, PUBLIC:
Dialogue on the Information Needs of the North Berkshire Community
The Williams Inn, Williamstown
Wed., Feb. 5, 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
A public, circle-round discussion, followed by light refreshments. (Discussion may continue after 8 p.m. at the Williams Inn tavern.)
Who's confirmed as participating so far?
- Osmin Alvarez, president, BoxCar Media Inc. / publisher, iBerkshires.com, North Adams, Mass.
- Roger Bolton, emeritus economics professor, Williams College, specialist in regional and urban economics
- Charles Bonenti, Berkshire Eagle (retired), Williamstown, Mass.
- Veronica Bosley, director of tourism and community events, city of North Adams
- Alex Brooks, editor and co-owner, The Eastwick Press, Williamstown, Mass.
- Jennifer Civello, executive director, Williamstown Chamber of Commerce
- Lewis C. Cuyler, former managing editor, The Transcript, Pittsfield, Mass.
- Fred Daly, editor and co-owner, Hill Country Observer, Cambridge, N.Y.
- Tammy Daniels, editor, iBerkshires.com, North Adams, Mass.
- Bill Densmore, Williamstown, Mass. (GreylockNews.com / Reynolds Journalism Institute)
- Alex Elvin, former reporter, The Advocate, Williamstown, Mass.
- Joe Finnigan, Williamstown, Mass.
- Carrie Greene, Mt. Greylock Regional School District board, Williamstown, Mass.
- Brian Handspicker, director, Citizen-Media Inc., Williamstown, Mass.
- Marc Jaffe, Williamstown, Mass.
- Moira Jones, (former Advocate graphic artist), Wiliamstown, Mass.
- Jim Kolesar, vice president for public affairs, Williams Colliege, Williamstown, Mass.
- Steve Long, Williamstown, Mass.
- Harry Montgomery, Williamstown, Mass.
- Kevin Moran, regional vp of news, New England Newspapers Inc. (Berkshire Eagle)
- Steve Peltier, former circulation manager, The Advocate, Williamstown
- Seth Rogovoy (TENTATIVE), editor, BerkshireDaily.com, Great Barrington, Mass.
- Susan Schneski, South Williamstown, Mass.
- David Scribner, Stockbridge, Mass. (The Berkshire Edge -- a new web service for south Berkshire)
- Ed Sedarbaum, Develop North Adams / [http://www.nbccoalition.org NBCC / Main Street Stage, Williamstown, Mass.
- David Shufelt, former sales rep, Hill Country Observer, Millerton, N.Y.
- Tom Stites, Newburyport, Mass. (The Banyan Project)
- Ken Swiatek, Williamstown, Mass. (TENTATIVE), former selectman
- John Townes, contributing editor, Berkshire Trade & Commerce, Pittsfield
- Tela Zasloff, Williamstown, Mass.
- Dan Kennedy, journalism professor, Northeastern University; author: "The Wired City: Reimagining Journalism and Civic Life in the Post-newspaper Age"
- Jeff Potter, Brattleboro, Vt. (The Brattleboro Commons)
If you plan to attend, please email email@example.com or use this wiki to add your name.