From Media Giraffe
Maurreen Skowran has been a copy editor at The News & Observer in Raleigh, N.C., since 2000.
Founder of JournaWiki, an open resource about journalism. Hopes it will eventually turn into a community.
More info at Linked In.
 Knight News Challenge
Knight News Challenge, my open entries as of July 15, 2007 (must be registered to make comments or rate entries)
 Miscellaneous thoughts
It's important to remember that we have finite resources.
 The Next Newsroom
I think The Next Newsroom should include one or more of the following. These should lead to more communication, collaboration and experimentation.
- Widgets in both directions
- Wikis, internal and external
- Tool bars, that is, for the audience
- Databases of information about the community. This could include infographics.
- Social networks, such as something like that offered by Ning, internal and external
- Journalists and outside local individuals can have their own pages, with varying levels of access by others than the individual creator, for their beat, other topic, or in general. They would have wide lattitide as to what they do with those pages. Residents could join in revenue sharing, based on the audience drawn to the material they put up.