- 1 Got a plan for Monday night dinner at JTM-Poynter? Post it here
- 1.1 Monday night options (add your name or call the convenor)
- 1.2 Asian, Sushi, Thai and journalism education with Ken Carpenter
- 1.3 American cuisine and pitching with Bill Densmore -- 7:30 p.m.
- 1.4 Go Italian: Gratzzi's at the BayWalk outdoor plaza
- 1.5 Dinner at the Central Avenue Oyster Bar for International JTM group---Janet Key
Got a plan for Monday night dinner at JTM-Poynter? Post it here
QUICKLINKS: PROGRAM/SCHEDULE . . . HOMEPAGE . . . WHO'S PARTICIPATING . . . LAST-MINUTE EMAIL . . . BURNING QUESTIONS . . . INTERVIEWS . . . BREAKOUTS . . . NEW SPHERES . . . DINNER GROUPS . . . BLOGS/TWEETS/TAGS/OUTREACH . . . ORIGINAL EVENT INVITATION . . . MAPPING HANDOUT (pdf)
Dinner is on your own on Monday night to give us a chance to self organize, or just take a break. If you've like to join up with kindred spirits for substantive discussion on a particular topic over dinner, here's a way to connect with "birds of a feather." use the wiki edit function (click on "edit" above) to add in your name, and which restaurant you intend to convene at. Include your email **and** phone number. Or we may post physical signup sheets at Poynter.
Monday night options (add your name or call the convenor)
ALL DINNERS ARE DUTCH-TREAT -- PAY YOUR OWN WAY
Asian, Sushi, Thai and journalism education with Ken Carpenter
"I can't vouch for this place," writes Ken Carpenter. "But the St. Petersburg Times calls it an 'editor's pick.' Just three blocks from the Marriott HQ hotel. I'm interested in a journalism educators' roundtable. Ken Carpenter, Valencia Community College (cell 407-539-4823; email@example.com)
- RATCHADA TampaBay.com review: http://tinyurl.com/d7meem TripAdvisor.com review: http://tinyurl.com/cch9oz
Editors Pick 270 First Ave. N St. Petersburg, FL , 33701 Phone: (727) 821-7733 Cuisine: Asian, Sushi, Thai Features: Full bar , Major credit cards accepted , Takeout Menu price range: Most entrees $10-$20 Awards: Times' Best of 2006 Thai and sushi combine again in a disco clash of uptown dining in downtown St. Pete. The Thai is first-rate, hot and crispy, from whole snapper to yummy yums; the sushi is its equal, not a sideline, from uni to special hand roll treats.
ADD YOUR NAME BELOW
- Paula Neimeyer
American cuisine and pitching with Bill Densmore -- 7:30 p.m.
If you have a fabulous project or idea to talk about, or want to hear about some, join us in the private dining room of this elegant restaurant overlooking the Viny Yacht Basin about a five-block walk from the Courtyard Marriott. Figure on talking no more than five minutes. There's even a 36-inch LCD screen on the wall -- with a connection for your laptop -- if you have something to show. Bill Densmore hosting, 617-448-6600 firstname.lastname@example.org
- PARKSHORE GRILL, 30 Beach Drive NE, St. Petersburg, 727-896-WINE. http://www.parkshoregrill.com; entres from $20 to $30; salads $8-$12; starters $9-$16.
Meet in the Marriott lobby at 7:15 p.m.
ADD YOUR NAME BELOW
- Bill Densmore
Go Italian: Gratzzi's at the BayWalk outdoor plaza
Dinner at the Central Avenue Oyster Bar for International JTM group---Janet Key
Meet in the Marriott Lobby @ 7pm