From Media Giraffe
Did you attend MGP2006? What did you learn? COMMENT HERE
NEWS ABOUT THE MEDIA GIRAFFE PROJECT
- The Associated Press' Jonathan Drew writes about local citizen online news efforts, quoting MGP's Bill Densmore. (Aug. 9, 2006, with audio)
- WAMC, Albany, an NPR affiliate radio interviewwith MGP director Bill Densmore (DOWNLOAD MP3 AUDIO).
- Dan Gillmor and Jim Romenesko have both linked to Tom Stites' Friday luncheon speech (Stites BIO):
Photos from MGP2006
Link to archived downloadable video of MGP2006 sessions
- Many of the nearly 40 sessions at the June 28-July 1 MGP2006 summit of the Media Giraffe Project at UMass Amherst were videotaped. We're gradually making them available for online viewing and download as QuickTime and Flash files. Click to annotated descriptions and links.
Blogging the Media Giraffe Project summit conference
Many participants in the June 28-July 1 MGP2006 summit of the Media Giraffe Project at UMass Amherst posted blog reports about their experience. For now, this is a rich source of background and insight on what happened, and a great roadmap to the archived QuickTime and Flash video of many of the sessions we are gradually putting up courtesy of Donna Liu and the University Channel at Princeton University.
Blog posts found through Technorati
You can find an array of blog posts by clicking to the following "tagging" URLs at Technorati, a service which searches and organizes blog posts:
- "mediagiraffe" tag (for general MGP posts)
- "mgp2006" tag (for summit-specific posts) The photo section at the top of that page followed by a lot of white space, which you might take for "no posts" if you don't scroll down. In addition to that page, there are more techoratied items here.
- "mediagiraffeproject" tag
Add blog URLs here -- your's or others
If you are blogging in the aftermath of MGP2006, please post your link below. Or if you've found a particularly insightful post about MGP2006 not listed, go ahead and add it, with a few words of commentary about its relevance or subject matter.
Tag your posts with MGP2006
<a href="http://technorati.com/tag/mgp2006" rel="tag">MGP2006</a>
Make sure to copy the entire code from the a href over to the closing of the code. Do not copy just the blue portion--the blue portion, clicked from this page, goes right over to Technorati. The rel="tag" portion is important for Techorati to be able to aggregate the post from any blogging platform.
Bloggers writing about the Media Giraffe Project
Jeff Jarvis arrives and sets the tone
Tish Grier writing at Corante and her own blog
- Jeff Jarvis and "networked journalism"
- Media Giraffe: Learning What's Next (and what's not)
- Getting to work
Paul Bass writing at the New Haven Independent
- Profiling Rob Williams
- On Day 2 of MGP2006
- On Richard Viguerie and Christopher Mackin
- On putting the ingredients on the cereal box
- On Fabrice Florin, Newstrust and Jemima Kiss
Jemima Kiss writing at her own blog and on Media Bistro
- Kiss wraps up three days in a summary post
- Profiling Paul Bass
- Jemima Kiss Search results for 19 posts by Kiss on MGP2006
Eric Duggans writing at his St. Petersburg Times blog
- On three days to find the future of journalism . . .
- Tiptoeing around the elephant: How do newspapers survive?
Concerning "The New England Common"
- Dan Kennedy (with commentators) on The New England Common session.
- Mass Marrier: Lying Down with Lydon
- Blue Mass. Group: Christopher Lydon searches for the New England Common
- Michael DiChiara reports on MGP2006 blogger meetings and the Christopher Lydon session
Additional blog reports
- Mass Marrier: On Nicholas Lehman and the MGP conference
- Ken Doctor, Content Bridges, ondefining the professional journalist
- A thorough wrapup by Connie Duda of the Center for Social Media at American University
- Vin Crosbie at Corante Media Hub: Citizen journalism is no panacea?
- Heather Brandon on the "Urban Compass" blog on MassLive focuses on the Journalism that Matters seminar
- Oliver Luft at Journalism.Co.UK reports on Steve Gray's "Newspaper Next" presentation
- Colin Rhinesmith describes the blogging in the classroom session
- Ilona Meagher, writing a wrapup at ePluribus Media (WITH GREAT PHOTOGRAPHS)
- John Burke of Editors' Weblog weighs in
- More from John Burke -- quoting attendees
- Aldon Hynes on "the two conferences"
- Mass Marrier posts from MGP2006
- Who came to the New England political bloggers gathering?
- Chris Lydon looks for the "New England Common"
- GOP strategist Richard Viguerie visits at the Media Giraffe Conference
- Vin Crosbie describes being "Frustrated in Amherst"
- Staci Kramer reports at PaidContent.org
- Bob Stepno slips in a few comments on live blogging, video blogging and Paul Bass & do-it-yourself journalism.
- Vin Crosbie "Frustrated in Amherst"
- Faye Anderson on "doubting" Helen Thomas
- Holly Angelo in the (Springfield, Mass.) Republican
- Orient Lodge
- 2006-06-08 Frederick Clarkson writes about MGP2006 at Daily Koz
- Marry in Massachusetts - teasers, then live blogging.
- Consider This
- Hugo Martin blogs about Tom Stites' Friday luncheon keynote
- Rick Burnes at Mashalist
- Lowell Dems on Richard Viguerie's building of 12 political sites
- Ndesanjo Macha Jikomboe: Swahili Blog, Digital Africa
- Steven Brant at The Huffington Post on re-inventing journalism and previewing MGP2006
- Ben Melançon on the open-publishing NarcoSphere of the Narco News Bulletin
- Colin Rhinesmith
- Tish G. the Constant Observer
- Jane Stevens at Rejournalismon the importance of "backpack journalism."
- Oliver Luft at Journalism.co.uk
- Staci D. Kramer, paidContent.org
- Jemima Kiss, jemimakiss.com
- Brian Dominick, The NewStandardNews.net
- John Burke, Editors Weblog
- Cooper Munroe and Emily McKhann Been There
- Peter Krasilovsky on The (Vancouver) Tyee's financial success
- Peter Krasilovsky on Steven Gray's "Newspaper Next" presentation
- Bob Stepno describes video blogging as taught by Steve Garfield
- Heather Brandon reports a roundup on Urban Compass including photos of "Journalism that Matters" (scroll to 7/5 post)
- Jessica Duda,Center for Social Media, on the public media prospects for local news and e-democracy
- ePluribusMedia links to an podcast interview with its members conducted at MGP2006