Seeking Nominations for New Media Innovators of Color
A new wiki project seeks to aggregate the profiles of new media innovators of color across 11 digital media sectors at www. newmediainnovators.wikispaces.com.
Who are the innovators, the thought leaders, the do leaders, the people you follow who are blazing paths in the new media space? We want to capture this go-to list of profiles to highlight people of color who are shaping this new media landscape on a new wiki called www.newmediainnovators.wikispaces.com.
- To highlight and promote innovators of color in new media fields.
- To develop deep profiles of innovators and their work.
- To create more diversity in the media representations of innovators.
- To showcase innovative projects by and for people of color.
- To ensure diverse representation in professional organizations and their conferences.
- To ensure diverse voices are shaping and defining the new media landscape.
What You Can Do
We encourage you to submit names of potential individuals or projects for inclusion in this who's who.
Request membership to the wiki
so that you can edit or add names or to update an entry on a person with your comments. Start by helping us build the list of names...we'll invite the individual to help us build the profiles.
You can also email name suggestions
Suggest other areas of interest
that may not be in our initial list below.
We welcome additions in any of the following digital media sectors:
- Experiential and Immersive Entertainment (theme park fly-through visualizations, creative design, content)
- Modeling and Simulation (virtual worlds, augmented/mixed reality)
- Game Development and Publishing (console, online, PC, mobile)
- Motion Picture Creation (webisodes, animation, motion graphics, visual effects, audio/sound design)
- Pre-Vis/Visualization (architectural, bio-medical)
- Mobile Media (mobile device content)
- eLearning (distributed, distance learning)
- Interactive Marketing and Advertising (social media, online ads, in-game ad placement)
- Content Aggregation and Distribution (vertical market/themed portals)
- Internet A/V Content Distribution (IPTV, Streaming Media)
- Web Content and Application Development
- Internet Law and Policy